Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Ragda Pattis / Alu tikki chaat


We prepared this chat Ragda Pattis / Alu tikki chaat over the weekend.
Actually I didn't prepare, my little sis prepared it. I watched and relished it
My mouth is watering as I write this recipe. Mmmmm

When I was in primary school,we had been to North India trip, basically - Gwalior,Agra and Delhi.My maternal uncle and family lived at Gwalior and it was really a fun trip. We saw Taj Mahal, Red Fort,Qutub Minar and many more historical places. I don't remember why but I was more excited about seeing Buland Darwaza (in Fatehpur Sikri) ( more than about seeing Taj Mahal).
Hmmm for the first time I had Ragda Pattis at Gwalior. I wasn't happy with one, I tucked in another. No one can eat just one.
Now after having the wonderful pattis prepared at our own home(ofcourse prepared by my sis), the very mention of it makes me drool.

Heres how to prepare Alu tikki Chaat/Ragda Pattis?

Ingredients:
1. Alu tikki - 10
2. Sweet chutney - 1/2 cup
3. Chana Masala - 2 cup
4. Curd/yogurt - 1/2 cup (optional)
5. Coriander
6. Sev for garnishing

Preparation:
1. Prepare Alu tikki, Chana Masala and Sweet chutney.
2. On a plate place 2 tikkis.
3. On the tikkis spread 3 tbsp of chana masala.
4. Now pour 1 tbsp of sweet chutney.
5. Garnish with coriander and sev.
6. You could also ad 2 tsp of curd.

No comments: